How to apply?
11th Dance Days Chania
We are glad to announce the Open Call for VIDEO DANCE Works submissions of applications for participating in Dance Days Chania 2021.
We cite below the terms and conditions for participating in the festival and its mode of operation (modus operandi).
>> Video Dance Works Open Call <<
For this year, we are looking for groundbreaking video dance works with strong, vivid imagery content.
Applications submission for Video Dance works dates are from January 18th 2021 until March 28th 2021 (18.01.2021 – 28.03.2021, 00:00 Greek time) at our website: https://dancedays.gr .
A. APPLICATIONS’ SUBMISSION
A1. General terms of submissions
A1.1. Interested parties may submit their application as an individual or/and as a group.
A1.2. The length of the works must not exceed 10min
A1.3. The production of the video must have been completed after January 1st, 2018
A1.4. Accepting the application’s terms of participation in the Festival binds the participants to its requirements
A1.5. Every applicant is allowed to submit more than 1 (one) artistic proposals
A2. Special conditions of participation
Participation in the Festival with a video dance work requires:
– Video with the proposing work (total duration of the work not a trailer)
– Photos of the work
– Brief description
– Brief biographical note
The required material can be send through wetranfser otherwise in one email to email@example.com and the video must provide the download option.
Accepted Screening Formats:
Frame Rate: 24,25 FPS
File Formats: MP4, MOV – Codec: H.264 video with AAC audio
Resolution: 1280 x 720 (720p, 16:9), 1920 x 1080 (1080p. 16:9)
For the participation of a Video Dance work no fee, transportation and accommodation costs are provided.
1. Applications which will not include the above material and documents, per case, will be considered incomplete for evaluation and therefore invalid.
2. Necessary condition for the valid submission of a proposal is the completion of the published application form which can be found at https://dancedays.gr.
3. The 11th Dance Days Chania Festival, most likely, will take place from July 16th to July 28th 2021 in Chania, Crete, Greece.
4. Performances, parallel events (video dance projects, site specific performances, lectures e.t.c.) are taking place at indoor theaters, outdoor theaters or other suitable venues and cultural points in Chania.
5. All accepted applying entities will be notified through email along with details of presentation.
All selected dance films, the relevant texts and stills etc. submitted to Dance Days Chania 2021 may be used as materials for public screenings and publicity. All selected entry applications submitted will automatically authorize the Dance Festival to use and edit these submitted videos, text, stills and their related elements for promotional purposes at no cost.
The applying entity should ensure that they have been granted the legal rights to use all copyrighted elements such as music, text, images and other media forms in the video for public broadcasting, so that all elements in the submitted video can be used and broadcasted by the Festival in its public screening activities and online platforms.
D. ADVERTISEMENT AND PROMOTION
D1. The Festival’s organizers are responsible for the promotion of the Festival and its participants with:
– Further printed and audiovisual material
– Promotion via mass media (press conferences, advertising spots)
– Promotion via electronic press
D2. The participants may be advertised in the Festival as follows:
Providing each advertising material regarding their participation (photographs, video) to the organizers to be used:
a1.For the Festival’s promotion
a2.For the individual promotion of their work
Thank you very much and we are looking forward for your proposals!
“Syn-Kinisi” Association of Expressive Dance
Video Dance section curator
Dance Days Chania Organizing Team