The idea is to start the class with improvisation exercises to warm up while at the same time, bringing us into a full awareness of our own body. We mix it with fixed exercises to understand how our joints work, how to get a healthier body and how to use our body to get more possibilities when it comes to movement and mobility. Followed by simple exercises and small sequences where we will learn tools and elements that later on will help us go through the class.
The aim is to build a very high & dynamic energy. We will learn choreographies in which we will apply the elements we passed through during the class, where each one of us will add his own personality and movement quality to express himself individually.
• Sport exercises where they will get the chance to have a better understanding of their physicality and anatomy, helping them to strengthen their bodies and avoid future injuries
• More body awareness, how to isolate body parts without engaging other ones. Stimulation of the brain with different tasks to step out from your habits gaining more possibilities
• How to increase the creativity. How to be able to use our two cerebral hemispheres, not only being able to copy & repeat. Finding one’s own & personal style
• How to improvise using different qualities and letting the mind free of judgment
• Technical and single dynamic movements from acrobatics and floor work elements
• Choreographies where I mix contemporary elements using my bboy Skills, hip-hop experimental influences, acrobatics and martial arts inspiration.
The workshop is addressed to anyone that has experience in any sort of dance, especially contemporary dance or any urban style. I would recommend that people have at least some sort of experience in dance, preferably an intermediate level or some experience in movement or other techniques that engage the body.
Diego de la Rosa started dancing bboying/breakdance in 2005 on the streets of Valladolid, Spain. He spent his first years traveling around Spain & Europe, attending urban dance events & championships. In 2012, he decided to move to Berlin where he did a contemporary dance formation. In 2013 he co-founded Frantics Dance Company, where he is a dancer and choreographer. Since 2014, he has been collaborating in several projects between Spain and Germany. Over the years he has been accumulating teaching experience in professional and advanced contemporary dance centers like Marameo in Berlin, Staatstheater in Kassel, Tanzbüro in Basel, professional training in Freiburg and NunArt in Barcelona. He has been invited to perform his solo “Prisoner of his Happiness” in various festivals in Germany, Greece, Spain, Macedonia, Portugal & Poland. Apart from his solo, Frantics Dance Company has been invited to festivals in Denmark, Germany, Spain, Italy, Macedonia & Taiwan.
20 – 22 July
13:30 – 16:30
For all workshops and masterclasses
please contact us at email@example.com