8th DANCE DAYS CHANIA
We announce with great pleasure the submission of applications for participating in Dance Days Chania 2018.
We cite below the terms and conditions for participating in the festival and its mode of operation (modus operandi).
A. APPLICATIONS’ SUBMISSION
- Applications submission dates are from November 6th 2017 until January 22nd 2018 at our website: http://dancedays.gr
- Applications are submitted for the following categories:
- Participation in the festival with a performance
- Participation in the festival with a workshop
- Participation in the festival with parallel action/event (video dance , site specific performances , lectures)
Β.TERMS OF SUBMISSIONS
B1.General terms of submissions
B1.1. The festival has the ability, mainly, to host up to five (5) dancers performances.
B1.2. The festival may accommodate performances with up to sixty (60’) minutes duration.
B1.3. The chosen artists must present in the Festival their work submitted in their initial application without modifications. Otherwise the organizing committee is legalized to cancel the participation.
B1.4 Accepting the application of participation in the Festival binds the participants to its requirements.
B2.SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
Β2.1 Participation in the Festival with a performance requires:
- Video presenting the entire performance
- Photos of the work
- Brief description of the performance
- Technical requirements
- Brief biographical note
B2.2 Participation in the Festival with a workshop requires:
- A video with the candidate teaching the workshop or a lesson
- Detailed description of the workshop
- Proposed duration (days/hours)
- Brief biographical note
B2.3 Participation in the Festival with parallel action/event requires:
- Detailed description of the proposed concept
- Number of participants
- Event’s duration
- Audiovisual material
- Applications which will not include the above material and documents, per case, will be considered incomplete for evaluation and therefore
- The chosen artists will be informed via e-mail for the final selection, within thirty (30) days, beginning from the day after the applications’ submission closing date.
C1. Possible dates for Dance Days Chania 2018 Festival are held in the second half of July 2018 (16.07-28.07).
C2. Performances, parallel actions (video projections, performances, lectures e.t.c.) are taking place at theaters, open theaters or other suitable venues and cultural points in Chania.
C3.The Festival’s spaces of all actions and the relevant details (stage dimensions, technical capacities e.t.c.) will be announced to the participants after the announcement regarding their participation.
D.PERFORMANCES TICKETS FOR DANCE COMPANIES/PERFORMERS
D1. Free tickets for the companies and dancers are available only during the dates of their participation in the Festival.
D1.2 To the participants wishing to attend performances, beyond the dates above (D.1), tickets will be provided at a reduced price.
E.OBLIGATIONS OF THE PARTIES-PENALTIES OF CANCELLED PARTICIPATIONS
E1.The parties agree to collaborate in the best possible manner achieving the desired aim
E2.The participants are required to announce to the Festival on their own initiative, any changes regarding their personal information (Passport number, ID number, telephone number, e-mail address e.t.c.), banking information, within ten (10) days of its change.
Ε3. Failing to inform of any of the above changes, the Festival doesn’t bear any responsibility for any problems arise from the omission.
E4. In the case the participant/s as described above in A.2 will cancel he/their participation after the Festival’s announcement, he/they are responsible to pay any possible expenses made until that point .
E5. In the case of illness the participant is obligated to inform the Festival as soon as possible by sending, via e-mail, a medical certificate issued from a Hospital, regarding the illness and its duration.
E6. No liability is incurred by the parties in the case of cancellation of the participation for reasons of force majeure throughout its duration. The part that is being inflicted is obliged to inform the other within a reasonable time.
Ε7. Disputes/differences between the parties will be resolved by negotiation
F1.The companies will have a dress rehearsal in the space where the performance will take place with all technical support and infrastructure provided.
F2. The hours for dress rehearsal and technical set up are as follows:
- Performance up to twenty (20’) minutes: two (2) hours
- Performance of longer duration: Special consultation with the technical support team
F3. For further rehearsals, studio space will be provided upon request, after consultation with the technical support team.
G1.The participants agree to reproduce the material related with their event in t.v., radio and the internet for promotional and informational reasons.
G2.The participants will have the opportunity to purchase from the professional associate of their event’s material (photographs, video).
G3.The reproduction by the organizer for his own archiving only, is free.
H1.The Festival is providing its integrated technical support, light and sound designer available for all participant companies
H2.The Festival is obliged to provide to the participants, in reasonable time, the technical plan of the performing spaces selected for their presentations
H3.The participants are obliged to inform the Festival, via e-mail, the latest within thirty (30) days after sending the technical plan’s , if any changes needed.
H5.The companies wishing to bring their own technical crew are totally responsible for its expenses.
I. ADVERTISEMENT AND PROMOTION
I1.The Festival’s organizers are responsible for the promotion of the Festival and its participants with:
- further printed and audiovisual material
- Promotion via mass media (press conferences, advertising spots)
- Promotion via electronic press
I2. The participants may be advertised in the Festival as follows:
Providing each advertising material regarding their participation (photographs, video) to the organizers to be used:
a1.For the Festival’s promotion
a2.For the individual promotion of their work
J.ACCOMODATION –ACCOMODATION’S DURATION –FURTHER AMENITIES
The Festival is taking care of the participants ‘accommodation and informs them for the dates and place of accommodation, hotel’s address and e-mail address in reasonable time
The participants will be hosted as follows:
J1. Hotel rooms
J2.Houses of volunteers /collaborators
Further EXPENSES than the room (use of phone, mini bar e.t.c.) or the house are charged to the participant/s
J3.Duration of the accommodation:
- Day of arrival
- Day of active participation in the Festival with performance or workshop
J4. With the completion of each event the participants are required to empty the room or house of their accommodation, and depart
J5. The participants wishing to stay longer, than the agreed time frame, should:
- inform at least twenty (20) days before their arrival the Festival’s organizers
- take care for their accommodation, beyond the Festival’s organization
- Cover 50% of the fees for return tickets already issued by the Festival. This applies also in the event of change of a ticket for any reason.
J6. The participants during their active participation days with a performance, workshop or parallel events/actions will get discount coupons (20%-40%) for meals in selected from the Festival restaurants of the city
The Festival’s organizers will undertake the transportation (arrival-departure) of the artists, participating in the Festival’s performances or workshops, covering:
K1.Low cost air tickets up to two hundred fifty 250 Euros (return tickets) per person
The Festival is in response only for the expenses of the dancers, performes and choreographer of each participating company
K2. For air tickets issued from companies with no low cost (discount) option the amount of two hundred fifty (250) Euros will be covered by the Festival and the remaining amount will be covered by the participant/s.
K3.Only one carry-on luggage per person is permitted. The fees for carrying more luggages and sets will be charged to the participant/s only.
K4.The participants are obliged to announce the latest until April 15th 2018 the departure and return place to issuing their tickets.
K5.The Festival is not responsible for any lost luggage, sets or personal or not belongings of the participants remaining in the performance space, especially after the end of their performance.
K6.Changes from the participant/s of already booked tickets will be surcharged to the participant only, as well as the compensation owed to the travel agency. The amount will be subtracted from the participants’ payment.
K7.The Festival’s organizers are taking care of the participants’ transportation only:
- upon arriving at the Chania airport, the Souda harbor and the Chania KTEL bus station and going to the accommodation place
- departing from the accommodation place and going to the Chania airport, the Souda harbor and the Chania KTEL bus station
The above terms of transportation and accommodation are not applying in the case of a chosen video projection during the Festival. The Festival, in this case, has the obligation to equally promote and advertise the available material.
In the case of participating with a lecture or/and site specific performance, a special agreement with the Festival’s organizers for potential accommodation and transportation benefits.
L1.COMPANIES’AND DANCERS’ PAYMENT
- The participants with a performance will receive the proceeds from their performance’s tickets sales
- The participants with a workshop will be paid by agreement between the parties
- In the case that two or more choreographies will be presented the same day ,the participants will split the tickets’ proceeds
- For the parallel actions/events no tickets will be issued ,therefore no payment is expected for their presentation
- The payments are made in Euros and the organizers are only charged with the local bank’s remittance costs.
NOTE: From the above revenues 24% tax is withheld.
L2. The payment is made electronically .The participant/s will issue an invoice in any case before the payment is made
This is valid for the Greek and international participations
- The participants who are getting grants from institutions ,have the obligation to inform the Festival at least two (2) months earlier before its opening, if the institutions will be notified
For any information regarding the Festival:
Organized by: Association of Expressive Dance “Syn-Kinisi”
Thank you very much and we are looking forward for your application
Dance Days Chania Organizing Team